Jerry W. Brasseale is a native of Pleasant Grove, Alabama. He attended Pleasant Grove Elementary. He attended Hueytown High School and graduated in 1966. He attended Jacksonville State University. His major was in Business Administration and his minor was in Economics. He also was a member of the Jacksonville State Gamecocks Baseball team. Graduation was in 1970.
Jerry is married to Carla Hammond Brasseale. Jerry and Carla have two daughters, both married, and three grandchildren.
- Self Employed landscaper – 40 plus years
- Jerry first ran for office in 1992 and was elected to the city council for 8 years. The last year Jerry served several months as Pro-Tempore as Mayor. He ran for Mayor in 2000 and was elected to office. He currently is serving as part-time Mayor of Pleasant Grove.
- Member of Bethel Baptist Church. Currently serves on boards and committees
- Serves as a active deacon of Bethel Baptist Church
- Former Vice President – Jefferson County Mayors Association
- Former President – Jefferson County Mayors Association
- Member of the Western Mayors Associations
- Member of the Pleasant Grove Planning and Zoning Board